Those wishing to immigrate to the United States can do so on three different bases.
EB – The employment based immigrant visas are based upon several factors such as qualifications of skill, ability, and financial status.
- EB-1 – First Preference Employment Visas
- EB(a) – Extraordinary Ability
- EB(b) – Outstanding Professors and Researchers
- EB(c) – Executives and Managers
- EB-2 – Advanced Degree
- EB-3 – Exceptional Ability
- EB-4 – National Interest Waiver
- EB-5 – Immigrant Investors
Family of U.S Citizen – Those who are related to citizens who are U.S Citizen may be eligible to obtain a green card if they are:
- An immediate relative of a U.S Citizen
- A family member of a U.S citizen fitting into ano ther category
Family of Green Card Holders – Those with green cards may petition family members such as:
- Unmarried unchildren under 21
- Unmarried son or daughter at any age
DV – Those who are known as “diversity immigrants,” from countries with historically low rates of immigration, may immigrate to the United States on these visas.