Copyright protection is one of the cornerstones of intellectual property. Biletsky Rosenberger has experience in dealing with copyright laws in the U.S and abroad. Ensuring that your work is copyrighted and registered is the first step to protecting your work. Licensing and selling your copyrighted work can be an additional source of revenue as well.
New technologies have also made copyright infringement as easy as a click of a button. To prevent having your work stolen, it is essential to have the resources necessary to prevent copyright infringement either before or immediately after it happens.
- Registration – Federal copyright protection comes with a great amount of advantages and it can therefore be important to register your work as early as possible.
- Cease and desist – When finding out that someone is using your copyrighted work without your permission, it is important to address the issue immediately and have the use stopped.
- Work-for-Hire – When commissioning a project, it is essential that you have a written agreement which ensures that you will own the copyright in the project.
- Licensing – Having your copyrighted work licensed helps produce revenue and results in the spread of your copyrighted work.
- Sales – The sale of a copyrighted work can lead to lucrative business relationships and profitability.